Friday, April 06, 2007

Other than what has been obvious here in the West of the fitnah over the last 10-15 years of the discussion of finer points of 'aqidah amongst those eminently unqualified to talk about it, it is sad to be informed that this is still very much the case today amongst the youth and even du'at in many Islamic forums, blogs and discussion groups.

And yes, that was eminently "unqualified".

Let me remind myself firstly, and then all my brothers and sisters to concentrate on the very little that we know and then to practice and then implement it.

And let me leave you with a warning from one of our greatest authorities in Islam, Imam al-Shafi'i (r):

"That I speak about a subject in which it is said to me "you've made a mistake", is more beloved to me than that I speak about a subject in which I'm told "you've commited kufr".

2 Comments:

Blogger Soul Scripture said...

Interesting, Shk Yusuf Estes spoke about the same thing yesterday in bradford...in the sense that we shouldn't be afraid to say "Allahu Alim" to those questions we can't answer, the areas of knowledge our weak and small amount of "ilm" doesn't cover.

Isn't the disease here pride? arrogance? jealousy/envy of those with knowledge? We all want the upper hand in terms of knowing stuff...but we don't realise its often doing more good by staying silent or saying "Allahu Alim" or referring that person to someone that does know.....

8:49 am  
Blogger Abu Eesa said...

Well said, barakallahu feek.

11:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


All views and opinions expressed on this website and its attachments do not reflect
the views and opinions of Prophetic Guidance or any of its associates.
free hit counter javascript